Knowing how important it is to keep your home-away-from-home on wheels in tip top shape, Jawa Offroad Camper Trailers have put together some all-important camper maintenance tips.
If it’s one of your most prized possessions, your camper will need some tender loving care to ensure you can go away on a trip at any time.
The restrictions will lift soon, allowing you to get away for the first time in months. Now is the perfect time to get your camper checked by our experienced team.
How To Maintain Your Camper
- Ensure the pop top is clear of sticks, dirt and other debris when popping down – always keep the track clean.
- Also apply a grease spray around the rubber pop top roof when storing for a long time. This will ensure an easy process for next time you use it.
- Use correct cleaning products for zips and throughout the van itself.
- Check wheels before heading out – bearings, wheel nuts, tyre pressure etc.
- Get a service before a big trip. Now is the perfect time!
- Check batteries – to ensure everything is turned off when storing camper.
Why Should You Keep on Top of Camper Maintenance?
- Most importantly for safety reasons – the last thing you want is to have any issues on the road or while you’re trying to set up camp somewhere, especially if you travel a far distance.
- To keep your van in good condition. The better it’s treated, the longer you’ll be able to use and enjoy it!
When to Use Professional Maintenance
Basically it’s the same idea as a car – you get regular maintenance on your car because of how you use it, the same rules should apply to your camper and the way you use it.
- If any issues arise – please don’t try to fix it yourself and seek professional advice!
- Before a big trip – to make sure everything is in perfect working order so you can enjoy your time away.
Camper Maintenance Tips
Jawa Camper Trailers are the number 1 choice for hundreds of families in Queensland and all around Australia. We build products we stand behind and with thousands of kilometres travelled across some of the most rugged roads in Australia, we are ready to find you the camper that will get you where you are going!
When travelling with a camper, you don’t want to be held back by the terrain. Jawa Camper Trailers combine quality components with great designs and outstanding features to make your trip enjoyable.