Do you want to get wild? Hide the iPhone and laptop, ditch your daily schedule and escape the rat race? As your off road camper experts, JAWA are passionate about helping people discover exciting new experiences across this magnificent country of hours. And what better way to challenge yourself and explore Australia than off-grid camping?
In our latest blog, we check out just some of the amazing off-grid camping locations and give you some tips for your next Queensland (off) road trip.
Where To Explore
With the ever-changing COVID climate, many Queenslanders are preferring to travel intrastate instead of venturing into NSW, NT or SA. And trust us — there’s plenty of beautiful places you can explore within your own state.
Some of the most inviting off-grid camping spots are an easy drive from the Brisbane and the Moreton Bay Region.
Why not plan an off-grid holiday to:
- Sundown National Park, Southern Downs area – with spectacular and dramatic scenery, including Red Rock Gorge and Nundubbermere Falls, this off-grid location is situation on the Qld-NSW border.
- Deepwater National Park, south of Agnes Water – with diverse scenery and abundant wildlife, this coastal location is approximately 5 ½ hours drive from Brisbane.
- Castle Rock, Girraween National Park – this inland paradise is approximately 3 ½ hours south-west of Brisbane. It’s ideal for adventures who enjoy hiking, bird watching, nature walks and breathtaking views.
- Lake Moogerah, Scenic Rim area – this peaceful and scenic lake is location over an hour from Brisbane and is the perfect spot for campers who enjoy water skiing, jet skiing, boating and swimming.
- Conondale National Park, Sunshine Coast hinterland – an easy drive from Brisbane, Caboolture and the Sunshine Coast, this park features lush rainforests, pristine waterfalls and beautiful creeks.
Things To Do
Pack your kayak, your mountain bike, your binoculars and/or your camera — going off-grid is all about exploring our amazing Australian landscape.
You won’t find it difficult to keep yourself occupied with bushwalking, fishing, rock climbing, bird watching and swimming now part of your daily schedule.
If you’re bringing the little ones, make sure you pack a few board games and some sporting gear — and enjoy some downtime with the family without any tech distractions.
What You’ll Need To Pack
When you’re venturing off-grid, you have to pack accordingly. Here’s just some of the essentials that you’ll have to provision for your off-grid camping trip:
- First aid kit
- Map & compass
- Drinking water (5L pp/per day)
- Sunscreen & mozzie repellent
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothing & wet weather attire
- Camping lantern
- Two-way radio/satellite phone
- Non-perishable food
Your Power Source
JAWA customers like to travel in comfort, so it’s natural to consider your back up power source when planning your off road / off-grid holiday.
Solar power systems have become a popular option with adventurers, giving you the freedom to roam without having to forgo all those powered conveniences like lighting and hot showers. Whether you’re using solar power for your caravan or hybrid as a primary generator or a backup to the main battery, it’s a convenient and eco-friendly solution for travelers.
Need a reliable generator? JAWA stocks the iGen series, with affordable models such as the iGen2500 running up to 17 hours with a 4.3L fuel tank. Have a chat with our team at JAWA Off Road Campers to find out more about our range of Westinghouse generators.
Off Road Campers For Your Off-Grid Camping Adventure
Going off-grid may seem daunting at first, but you’ll love the excitement, adventure and freedom that it brings. Our range of camper trailers and hybrid caravans allow you to travel off-grid in comfort, with a built-in ensuite, great cooking appliances and comfortable bedding options. Call JAWA Off Road Campers on 07 5479 6844 to find out more about our campers, hybrids and accessories.
Jawa Camper Trailers are the number 1 choice for hundreds of families in Queensland and all around Australia. We build products we stand behind and with thousands of kilometres travelled across some of the most rugged roads in Australia, we are ready to find you the camper that will get you where you are going!
When travelling with a camper, you don’t want to be held back by the terrain. Jawa Camper Trailers combine quality components with great designs and outstanding features to make your trip enjoyable.